Ponytails | Lady Luxe life
Ponytails are perfect for a workout and during the hot summer months, and wanted to share ways to make them fashionable. Luxy Hair wrote a great article on 7 different ways to wear a ponytail, and thought I’d share a few of my personal favorite.
The Bubble Braid is definitely a new trend, and looks best when you have a long lock of hair. You place a ponytail holder every few finger breads, or inches, apart from each other. I think it looks better to use the clear, non tugging type of holder, but it can also be fun to do a different contrasting color, or colors, plural!
The directions on how to do this on their site includes the following steps:
- Pull up half of your hair and secure it with a clear elastic. For added volume, tug on some pieces that are pulled back at the top section.
- Take a section of the hair in the half-up ponytail and wrap it around the clear elastic until you get to the end of your hair (not super tight though!). Then, you’re going to find the clear elastic underneath the ponytail (where it isn’t visible) and pull the small section of hair through the elastic so it stays in place. The only way you’ll have enough “give” to find the elastic is if you don’t wrap the hair super tight at first. Once the hair is threaded through the elastic, you can pull downwards to tighten the hair wrapped around the pony.
- Tease the ponytail. This ponytail is going to be your first “bubble” and you want it to have plenty of volume!
- Repeat Steps 1-3 until you get to the end of your hair.
I think this is an easy ponytail which is a bit more glam than the normal ponytail. My hair is thick, so this is a lot easier than doing some of the other types of ponytails.
The directions found on their website are as follows:
- Brush your hair backwards, gather it all together and put it in a ponytail
- Take a big chunk of hair (about 35%) and wrap it around the base of the ponytail.
- Secure it with a lot of bobby pins on the bottom, top, everywhere to ensure the ponytail is secure.
- For some volume at the top of your head, use the bottom of a comb to make a few sections loose at the top.
Just like the Giant Wrap ponytail above, this one is a fun way to make the plain hairdo, a bit more glamorous.
Here are the instructions they recommend on their website:
- Select a few pieces to frame your face and set aside.
- Bunch your hair into a regular ponytail while ensuring you have enough volume at the top of your head by tugging at a few strands at the top.
- Once you are happy with the placement, use an elastic to tie and secure the ponytail.
- To create a sleek look, take a small section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic making it disappear. Pin the section in place with a bobby pin.
I’m a big fan of hair products and I love my hair dryer and hair brush too! Check out my blog about my favorite hair dryer here! and also my favorite hair brush here.